How to Visualize OAC Data in Power BI/Tableau using Oracle Analytics Cloud Connectors?
Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is a cloud-based Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics platform by Oracle. It comes with extensive self-service features and advanced data visualization capabilities.
However, Analysts are inclined toward data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
It infuriates OAC users when Analysts use Power BI or Tableau to build their reports after all the effort they’ve spent optimizing OAC.
The feud between OAC and PowerBI/Tableau doesn’t need to go on. You can use these two tools in harmony.
In this blog post, we’ll learn how to visualize OAC data in Power BI or Tableau by using Oracle Analytics Cloud Connectors.
What are Oracle Analytics Cloud Connectors?
Oracle Analytics Cloud Connectors enables you to visualize OAC data in your choice of data visualization tools.
It eliminates the hassles of excel reports and BI migration.
An OAC Connector enables you to connect Oracle Analytics tools with Tableau or Power BI Subject Areas and Reports in minutes.
Which is the best Oracle Analytics Cloud Connector?
BI Connector is the most efficient Oracle Analytics Cloud Connectors Connector.
It enables organizations to seamlessly connect the Desktop/Server editions of Tableau and Power BI to OAC.
With BI Connector, you can connect Power BI and Tableau to your OAC Subject Areas and Reports, while retaining your joins.
It supports Live queries, Imports, and scheduled refreshes.
1. Choose between Power BI and Tableau
Power BI and Tableau are two of the most efficient tools for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information.
Users mainly prefer the tool they are already familiar with to avoid spending time learning another tool.
However many enterprise-level companies use both – Tableau and Power BI to support their large user base.
Tableau can handle large volumes of data quickly. It is best known for its visually attractive data visualizations and is suitable for medium and large enterprises.
Power BI is more user-friendly and is suitable for small teams with limited resources.
You can analyze your requirements, data volume, and budget when choosing between Power BI and Tableau.
To make a wise decision, Compare Tableau vs Power BI.
2. Connect OAC using BI Connector
Download the latest version of BI Connector Desktop or Server Edition for your choice of Data Visualization Tool.
Connect OAC with Power BI
- Download Desktop Edition for Power BI
Power BI Desktop to OAC Connector for data analysts, developers, and super users.
- Connect Power BI Desktop to OAC Subject Areas and Reports.
- Direct query from Power BI Desktop to OAC.
- Import to Power BI Desktop from OAC.
Cost: FREE for Lifetime
- Download Server Edition for Power BI
Power BI Cloud Service to OBIEE/OAC Connector for sharing datasets and reports across teams and groups.
- Inclusive of Desktop Edition Features
- Publish OAC reports to Power BI Cloud Service.
- Direct query connection from Power BI Cloud Service to OAC via Power BI On-Premise Gateway.
- Publish OAC reports to Power BI Cloud Service.
Cost: Custom Price
Connect OAC with Tableau
- Download Desktop Edition for Tableau
Tableau Desktop to OAC Connector for data analysts, developers, and super users.
- Connect Tableau Desktop to OAC Subject Areas and Reports.
- Live connection from Tableau Desktop to OAC.
- Extract to Tableau Desktop from OAC.
- Download Server Edition for Tableau
Tableau Server/Bridge/Desktop to OAC Connector for sharing data sources and dashboards across teams and groups.
- Inclusive of Desktop Edition Features.
- Publish OAC dashboards & data sources to Tableau Server/Online.
- Live connection from Tableau Server/Online to OAC.
- Schedule automatic refresh of extracts to Tableau Server/Online.
The BI Connector pricing comes as a package of both Desktop and Server edition. The licensing model is based on the number of CPU cores (starting at 8-cores) in Tableau Server, and the total number of users (including all Creator, Explorer, Viewer licenses) in the case of Tableau Cloud.
3. Complete Installation & Configuration
Connect OAC to Power BI
- Step-by-Step Installation Guide for PowerBI to OAC – Desktop Edition
- Step-by-Step Installation Guide for PowerBI to OAC – Server Edition
Connect OAC to Tableau
- Step-by-Step Installation Guide for Tableau to OAC – Desktop Edition
- Step-by-Step Installation Guide for Tableau to OAC – Server Edition
4. Visualize OAC Data using BI Connector to get the data
Now, in Power BI, we use the BI Connector to get the data.
Similarly, for Tableau, use the BI Connector to get the data.
1. Connect BI Connector with Tableau to get the OAC data.
2. The query is executed after authenticating the User name and Password for the data.
3. Select Database.
4. Visualize OAC Data in Tableau.
Compared to the other approaches, using a connector is the simplest way to use a self-service Data visualization tool with an enterprise BI software solution.
With minimal setup and configuration, BI Connector enables Oracle Analytics users to visualize OAC data in Power BI or Tableau.
BI Connector grants Analysts the accuracy, security, and flexibility needed to perform their jobs quickly.
Watch BI Connector in action! Book your FREE DEMO!
Analyze the right plan for your organization with Free Consultation.