A leading private research university based in the San Francisco Bay area.
The university used OBIEE as the central repository for all student data. However, its ad-hoc analysis of student data was slow and data remained stale. There were several other challenges including:
A laborious and error-prone export/import ETL process that led to inconsistent analysis results.
Merging existing data with various other data sources was a cumbersome process.
Data security issues
BI Connector allowed the university to connect OBIEE and Tableau and allow users to:
- Connect and visualize real-time OBIEE data directly.
- Use Tableau and BI Connector to slice and dice enrollment figures, retention rates, graduation rates and other key metrics.
- Automate reports, dashboards and storyboards.
As a result of switching to BI Connector, the university:
- Gained self-service business intelligence capabilities.
- Could perform ad-hoc analysis in minutes instead of days or weeks.
- Minimized analysis and reporting errors via automation.
- Increased data security while reducing data risks.
- Benefited from significant IT time and cost savings.