Creating a centralized data repository and streamlining ad-hoc analysis
A leading private research university based in the San Francisco Bay area.
The university used OBIEE as the central repository for all student data. However, its ad-hoc analysis of student data was slow and data remained stale.
There were several other challenges including:
- A laborious and error-prone export/import ETL process that led to inconsistent analysis results.
- Cumbersome process of merging existing data with various other data sources.
- Data security issues
Using BI Connector, the university was able to directly connect OBIEE with Tableau and visualize the data in real time.
BI Connector enabled them to slice and dice enrollment figures, retention rates, graduation rates, and other key metrics, streamlining the process of ad-hoc analysis.
With our help, the client could automate reports, dashboards and storyboards for data analysis, improving efficiency and reducing operations costs.
The client reaped multiple benefits by using BI Connector. Some of them include:
- Gained self-service business intelligence capabilities
- Ad-hoc analysis in minutes instead of days or weeks
- Minimized analysis and reporting errors via automation
- Increased data security while reducing data risks
- Significant IT time and cost savings